SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#393029 - 09/10/14 12:34 PM "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger...
Dnj Offline

#393035 - 09/10/14 12:47 PM Re: "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You sure seem to love the gadgetry, Donny. I suspect that next week, when the new I-phones and I-watches come out you'll have both, sell the S-950 and sing along with the I-tunes with striped vocals. Let me know when that S950 goes on Ebay - I might want a backup machine.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#393036 - 09/10/14 12:50 PM Re: "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
You sure seem to love the gadgetry, Donny. I suspect that next week, when the new I-phones and I-watches come out you'll have both, sell the S-950 and sing along with the I-tunes with striped vocals. Let me know when that S950 goes on Ebay - I might want a backup machine.

Gary cool

Why so against new technology? confused1 ......I find it exciting as NEW things always come out....we live in a glorious time! Like I always say I do it all as a KB Player, Singer, Dj, entertainer....my Buffet is full of choices for all to enjoy.

PS.. btw I'm an Android man myself....just sayin'.. wink

#393044 - 09/10/14 01:34 PM Re: "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger... [Re: Dnj]
Rustykeys Offline

Loc: Massachusetts/USA
Sorry DNJ..... I have to side with with a wise man. To quote Chris Carter of football fame " Come on Man ". all that is being done is button pushing and anyone can be trained to do that. Music is a gift. rocker rocker rocker keys drums guitar drink

#393047 - 09/10/14 01:45 PM Re: "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Why so against new technology? confused1 ......I find it exciting as NEW things always come out....

Donny ... you are right - these are exciting times with new technology everyday ... but I just wonder how many people will put themselves DEEPER into debt to have the new iPHONE6, or the new Apple Wrist Phone just because it is the latest and 'greatest' ... (and I'm not saying we shouldn't continue to advance just because people are NUTS !!! )

#393048 - 09/10/14 01:46 PM Re: "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger... [Re: Rustykeys]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Rustykeys
Sorry DNJ..... I have to side with with a wise man. To quote Chris Carter of football fame " Come on Man ". all that is being done is button pushing and anyone can be trained to do that. Music is a gift. rocker rocker rocker keys drums guitar drink

Knowing "WHAT BUTTONS" to push is where the talent lies my friend....
think about it.... wink

#393053 - 09/10/14 02:12 PM Re: "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Button pushing is more than a tad easier than playing the proper chords with your fingers. That device reminds me of those push button chord organs sold many years ago by Magnus and Bontempi, although, to be fair, you are given a wider selection of chords.

There really isn't much new...just a newer way of doing an old thing.

Arrangers are just a more modern (and far more portable) version of the home organs of the 70's and 80's.

Ian

#393055 - 09/10/14 02:34 PM Re: "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

The technicle knowledge going into the development of these Musical Apps is amazing and believe me the people involved are very talented musicians in their own right in more ways then one don't kid yourself.
There will be many many more Musical Apps coming in the near future for sure,.......
Btw the gal singing is wonderful..just sayin'

#393058 - 09/10/14 03:25 PM Re: "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm glad I'm not swayed by every new product...never was much into getting the latest, other than the occasional keyboard...my speaker system is over 25 years old...my car is 12 years old...just sayin'.

I'll probably have my Tyros4 for a very long time...when you buy quality goods you don't need to buy as often, nor learn new OS and protocol...that way I can focus on improving my playing, not my button pressing skills. wink

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I believe in getting the most out of things before jumping to something new every few months.

But, to each his own...

Ian

#393060 - 09/10/14 03:51 PM Re: "My Way".......Componendo Pocket Arranger... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

It's the to each his own part I agree with for sure!! And I love "pushin' all those buttons" on my S-950 every day while performing too.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online